You are amazing Year 2!
RWI Phonics lessons
Start off with Speed Sound lessons every day using the link below.
Films will show at the times below and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am
- Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am
- Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am
Read The Cave and answer the given questions.
Challenge - Read your favourite story
Watch this short clip of Miss Jones dog Denzel enjoying his walk in the woods.
Can you write a short story about an adventure Denzel has.
- Denzel's character - funny, smart, joyful, courageous, adventurer.
- The setting - woods, forest, cave, space, a magical land.
- The plot - what adventure does Denzel have? Does he meet anyone or any creatures? Does he have fun? Is he in danger? Does he find anything? Does he save anyone?
- How does the adventure end?
Challenge 1 - use conjunctions in your story.
Challenge 2 - use exciting sentence starters.
Challenge 3 - read your adventure story to your family.
Log into TTRockstars to practise your times tables.
Fractions of shape
Cut out the 2D shapes on the poster below or draw your own. Which of these shapes can you cut into halves, thirds or quarters?
Using the fraction pieces you have just made can you create a picture and label the fractions.
Practise recognising halves, thirds and quarters by playing this fractions splat game.
Use the powerpoint to help you understand what a 'microhabitat' is.
Either in your garden or out in your local environment find two different microhabitats.
Draw a picture and write a short description of each one.
Now look carefully at your two chosen microhabitats and complete this survey to show which creatures you have found living there.
Complete a pictogram for each of your microhabitats to show the data you have collected.