Get Ready For the Day
RWI Phonics lessons
Start off with Speed Sound lessons every day using the link below.
Films will show at the times below and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am
- Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am
- Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am
Phonics Phase 5b alternative C sound
Read the comic all about Cilla the Centipede. Print it out using the PDF link.
Can you create your own comic all about Cilla the Centipede?
Use the blank comic template here to write into.
Print it out using the PDF link.
Ready For Reading
Read the poem "I Wouldn't"
Can you answer the questions?
For this poem with more writing activities print out the pdf
I Wouldn't Poem
Mathematics Starter Times Tables
Times Tables Game
A block graph is made up of blocks. The blocks are usually square but are sometimes rectangular.
Look at the Block Graph about children from a class at Bare Trees Primary school.
The graph tells us which fruit each child in the class preferred.
Answer the questions:
- How many children chose apples?
- How many children chose bananas?
- How many more children chose strawberries than grapes?
- How many fewer children chose oranges than bananas?
- What is the difference in numbers chosen between strawberries and apples?
Shapes or objects arranged in a rectangle are called an array. Egg boxes or muffin trays are good examples of arrays. These help children to 'see' multiplication.
If you have a tray of muffins that is four muffins along and three muffins deep, there will be twelve muffins in total
Print out and complete the Arrays
Use the link below to access a weekly PE and Sports lesson by Oldham Sports Development.