Our curriculum philosophy:
At Bare Trees Primary School, we provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum through a thematic approach, where English is the central thread to all learning.
Our curriculum provides a broad range of experiences for our pupils:
Our pupils’ backgrounds and our culture for learning provide the following drivers that underpin all areas of our curriculum:
- Language for Learning- this helps pupils to build foundations for effective communication, giving pupils the language skills they need to master the curriculum and enable them to express their feelings, desires and queries to the world around them.
- Diversity- this helps pupils understand that each individual is unique and to recognise and celebrate our individual differences.
- Aspirations- these help pupils to build ambitions to achieve and know the available possibilities for their future lives.
- Resilience- this focuses on developing the pupils’ capacity to recover quickly from difficulties and the ability to think of new ways to tackle a problem.
- Experiences- these help children to experience first-hand a range of activities, opportunities and life chances.
We offer a thoughtful range of experiences that support our culture: pupils enjoy an entire range of academic, physical, spiritual, moral, social, cultural activities that enrich their lives and give them the confidence and skills for a fulfilled and happy life.
Our curriculum provides appropriate balance:
We believe that all children should become independent thinkers and experience the feeling of success in a wide range of areas. Our curriculum therefore gives pupils an excellent mix of academic and personal development; it gives equal importance to core subjects and the wider curriculum; physical and mental wellbeing are both valued, understood and prioritised by our bespoke curriculum.
Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, along with a well-planned and structured inclusion of personal development, underpins all of our work.
We carefully balance the requirement for pupils to reach national expectations in core subjects with our wider curriculum aims of developing knowledge and skills and providing a range of thoughtful and enriching experiences. As a result, our pupils thrive.
Details of our curriculum can be found below. If you would like any further information about our curriculum, please speak to your child’s class teacher or copies of this can be viewed via the school office. Thank you.