Oldham’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
0161 770 7777
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
0161 770 8870
At Bare Trees Primary School, we are committed to safeguarding children and young people and we expect that everyone who works and visits our school shares this commitment.
The school acronym demonstrates our commitment to promoting the wellbeing and safety of all individuals:
Brave Aspirational Resilience Equal Together Respectful Enthusiastic Enriched Safe
Adults in our school take all welfare and safeguarding concerns seriously and we encourage children to talk to us about anything that worries them.
We will always act in the best interest of the child.
School has 6 Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) who have the special job of ensuring that all pupils and staff are safe. These people are:
- Miss Oldham (Headteacher)
- Miss Cowap (Deputy Headteacher)
- Mr Doig (Deputy Headteacher)
- Mrs Costello (Assistant Headteacher)
- Miss Geraghty (Assistant Headteacher)
- Miss Culley (Designated Teacher for Children who are Looked After)
We also have 2 other members of Pastoral staff who support the safety and wellbeing of pupils, they are:
- Mrs Johnson (Senior Pastoral Officer)
- Mrs Carter (Pastoral Officer)
The Governors of Bare Trees Primary School ensure that the school carries out its statutory duties in relation to Safeguarding and Child Protection.