RWI Phonics lessons
Start off with Speed Sound lessons every day using the link below.
Films will show at the times below and be available for 24 hours.
Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am
Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am
Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am
Read or watch the story 'Superworm' by Julia Donaldson.
Sequence the events in the story.
Match up the correct statements to the character.
Answer the questions about the text.
Can you draw your own superhero instead of Superworm? You could draw Superspider or Superlion.
Can you label your picture using adjectives?
Can you describe your character? Do they have a costume? What do they look like? What powers do they have?
Can you create a bar graph on the amount of creatures that were found in my garden?
- Which insect was found the least in the garden?
- Which insect was found the most in the garden?
- What is the difference between the greatest and the least?
Are these statements true or false?
- There were 2 more worms in the garden compared to the spiders.
- Altogether there were 25 insects in the garden?
- In total there are 14 caterpillars and bees in the garden.
Can you create a fact file on a worm?
Where is their habitat?
What do they look like?
What do they eat?
You could create this on Purplemash, or create some fact cards.